Farewell Stack Exchange

Hey, thanks dude - enjoy the family.

You’ve done amazing things with SO/SE. I’ve also appreciated following your insights over the years on coding in general.

It’s good to see a craftsman get to build something awesome, and then get to step away with satisfaction knowing it will stand up without him.

Now? Enjoy life!

Hi Jeff,

i think it’s great you do what you feel. For me the most important thing is “No regrets”, and failing as a father is something you would definetely regret. We’ll be delighted to see what you will do next.

Thank you for SE Jeff. You have saved me countless hours and created some fun too.

It is so fun to talk to new developers when they first discover SO. I recently talked at a university development class and asked what websites people went to for information, SO was the overwhelming favorite. It’s incredible what you have built for us all.

Take care of yourself and your family!

Thanks. You’ve given me many extra hours to spend with my kid. PS Great decision.

Jeff, I work at home now and suddenly my kids move out. Go figure.
Anyway you look at it, family is what counts. Rock On!

On another note; I’d like you to present to LiDNUG.org - the 46k member LinkedIn .Net Users Group. I’d also like you to visit Rocket City USA - aka Huntsville, Alabama - for an “In Person” at HUNTUG.org aka HUntsville winders New Technology Users Group.
… but hey, I’ll take what I can get.

Connect with me on LI, FB, Twitter or email me using danwygant on yahoo

Congratulations on a great accomplishment with StackExchange and a great decision on putting your family and yourself first. It shouldn’t take so much bravery to make a decision like that… but it does.

Thanks also for continuing to write with such openness and authenticity. It’s inspiring.

osh

(a fellow newbie father and entrepreneur)

Thanks Jeff for creating such a wonderful q-n-a board that is now being used for a whole wide variety of things: from finance to technology and more.

Family is important, congrats on your decision and all the best on your new venture. Thanks for building such a life changing product..

i have a site with very clean coding. no java, no cookie etc.

http://www.turk-tv.com

and i have a site, that is very terrible

http://www.korsanizle.com

he have javascript, php, database, cookie etc.etc.

Nothing to say, just stand up and applaud you. Bravo!

Good Choice.

We Mormons have a saying: “No other success can compensate for failure in the home”

It is very true and you have chosen the right path.

But may I say THANK YOU for stackoverflow (and the other stack exchange sites). It has fundamentally changed how I get and share knowledge.

When ever I have a question that does not have a stack exchange site, I am always a bit sad. But if there is a stack exchange site for it, I know a good answer is not far off.

You have made the internet a far better place for programmers and everyone else! Thank you sir!

Well done mate.

There is only one metric to measure yourself against - are you going to leave this world happy.

Making your children happy is a tremendously noble goal and I wish you tonnes of success in it.

It’s passion that drives us and you seem to have discovered further passion for life - awesome!

BTW - that little SE thing - it’s quite an acheivement too.

Damn… i feel like mourning.Yet i wish you luck on your latest development…My sincerest Gratitude sir!

Speaking from personal experience, twins are a huge load, and immensely satisfying!!!

Thanks Jeff, and I wish you well with wherever your next adventure leads you.

wish you all the best, Jeff!

Thanks and good luck !

+1 Enjoy spending time with your kids and thanks for the site!

Thanks for helping internet a better place.
Yours,
JP