Help Name Our Website

A few suggestons:
nullpointer
garbagecollectors
JITSpotting
pragmawarning

www.null-reference.com?

You are programmers, aren’t you? Create a simple script to produce a list of weird names - 6 char names are a very good choice -

CyclomaticComplexity.com

Here a script generated name: www.code4all.com

another one:

TryCatchFinally.com

Any chance you might divulge what you’ll be using for a CMS, if at all?

Cheers.

Ok so other already found fello whackers… but what about core cursion?

Usman Shaheen’s idea of codinghorror.com/forum may well be the best though.

To be clear, this is not intended as a forum. It’s a new web property with a different (but related) focus.

fizzbuzz.com

It looks like fizzbuzz.com is expiring (technically it expired March 18th). If one of the “good guys” – not the domain squatters, but an actual developer – ends up with that domain, that’d be awesome. Hint hint hint. :slight_smile:

I liked the name codeappeal.com and codeappeal.net so much that I bought them! Thanks for the muse. and if you’re interested they are for sale.

Kyle_Woodbury@hotmail.com - Soon to be Kyle_Woodbury@codeappeal.com

nochere a plea as well as a name :slight_smile:

getWhnd is free, returncero as well.

I’ve spent some time suggesting names on http://www.pickydomains.com/ so I know how hard it is. You might want to check them out for some suggestions. Here’s what I could come up with. You’ll have to sift through the chaff.

h4ckr
hackitgood
hackinghorror
hackmake
hackityhack
hackfunk

modulofunk (modulo funk)
modmake
zipmod
rapmod

patternmod
singletoncode
singletonshare

code25 (seriously all previous ones were taken. Think WD40)
codedecorator
codecorator
codelope
codingcomedy
codingdrama
nonfictioncoding
codinghack
codehackmod
codecornucopia
coducopia
cuppacode
codecorn
codecompost
codewrapper
codingparty

allnightdev
devindev (short for dev in development)
devmodulo
devmodshop
devfunk
devod
10000devs
zippydev

ligercode
enterorange
makacker (Make Hacker shoved together)

I vote against any elitist “inside-joke” style url names. “CodingHorror” is understandable to even someone with nominal IT background. “nullvoid” or whatever just sounds lame. My 2 cents.

I voted for cargocultdevs.com, I think it’s quite unique, sounds cool and really stands out from the rest of the names. Unfortunately not many people seem to think like me, it has only got 1% of all votes. Either people don’t like it or they haven’t heard of cargo cult programming (shame on you! :P).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult_programming

Speaking of downsides to awkward blog names: When I mumble, I apparently say your current blog name as “codingwhore.com”.

I really like Krishnan’s idea of “programmer4programmer” or even “programmer2programmer”…

if the website will be about asp .net, that name it “ObjectReferenceNotSetToAnInstanceOfAnObject.net” :stuck_out_tongue:

I reckon this is one of the top Visual Studio debugger error search phrases in google by n00bs :slight_smile:

CodingPleasure.com ?

You should probably find another cool in book image and name the site after that.

ADirtyHack.com

I don’t have anything in particular in mind, but it fits your theme.