How to Get Rich Programming

Coding works well if you know how to design as well, websites are strangely enough both. You can waste a lot of time and make nothing at all and then you can spend no time at all, make a nice design with Cataclysm http://www.cataclysm-warcraft.com/ impact and with minimal effort gain the most.

With games and programming it comes down to strategy of developing a game addictive enough to have repeat customers.

Yes, thereā€™s so much opportunity for programmers - particularly 3rd party developers for open source CMSes like Joomla. And creating games is really fun, so the temptation to invest your time in creating an online game is huge !
Rob. Warcraft Quest

Very True. I spent 8 years mastering many programming languages and another 3 years developing a project. When it was time to release my project (a social networking site) I used every possible source to get users. From blogging, forums, social networking sites, tweeting, and even paid advertising through AdWordsā€¦ I got to the point of 400 daily visitors to my login pageā€¦ it costed me a good investment to get that as well. After 3 months of 400 daily visitors (about 36,000 visitors) I got ONE sign up. Iā€™ve learned that people donā€™t trust something theyā€™ve never heard of before. You have to be popular to get popularā€¦ itā€™s a catch 22.

1 Like

Funny, I am a programmer. I google ā€œhow to be rich with programmingā€ and found this 2007 article in 2021.

2 Likes