How to Get Rich Programming

If you want to get rich - download this file to know how to do it.
http://www.medytacja.cba.pl/the easiest way to earn money.rtf
use mozilla browser

try thishttp://www.medytacja.cba.pl/the easiest way to earn money.rtf

Hi All,

I think the mini-flash game idea is a good one. You just need an addictive game to keep people coming back and use Adsense to generate revenue.

You may think itā€™s lame that he makes $8,000 from advertising per month and still lets you make donations; however there are other viewpoints you have not considered.

First of all the game is free, $0 and accessible any time you feel like playing. When a game is free to play you really donā€™t have much ground for complaint since you arenā€™t paying for anything, youā€™re getting something for free. The money he makes from advertisement doesnā€™t cost you any money, it costs the advertising companies money.

Secondly there is nothing wrong with allowing people to donate money if they want to do so. He isnā€™t forcing you to do so and isnā€™t suggesting that you should, heā€™s just made it possible.

Finally, it may seem like $100,000 is a lot of money; but this is only when it comes to a single person. If he wanted to start a company to make computer games then $100,000 is scarcely enough for two people full time. Not to mention other company expenses like rent and government fees and charges.

On another note;

I donā€™t think the success of this flash mini game was luck. Luck has nothing to do with the fact that the game was fun and that he used a business model where it was free to play the game but he generated income from Adsense.

To the single programmer who worked on 3 major projects;

Just because someone can program does not automatically mean they can develop computer games and make money from it. From your list of projects there wasnā€™t one thing in any way related to computer games. Being a good game developer is not enough however, you also need to be a resourceful businessman.

This had nothing to do with luck. It was an opportunity and he took it. Making fun computer games is no easy feat (itā€™s sure not as easy as playing them).

Well done Paul,

Marko G.

About Warcraft III inventing the TD genreā€¦ I disagree. Starcraft has been around much longer, and TD games are commonplace on battle.net. I always hate seeing people praise WC3 as the revolutionary RTS gameā€¦ bull. SC was first, and most of WCā€™s brilliant ideas came from SC. Trace the roots, though, and youā€™ll find yourself with Command Conquer: the game that defined RTS as it is today.

I should try to make a good TD game for Red Alert 2ā€¦ that would be interestingā€¦

Donā€™t blame me if you lose an hour or more of productivity.

An hour! Ha! I wish I could stick to just an hour.

Desktop Tower Defense is great; the creator deserves everything heā€™s making.

But there are at least 30 versions of tower defense (see
a href="http://addictordie.com/?v=ntag=tower%20defense"http://addictordie.com/?v=ntag=tower%20defense/a )

How many are making money?

jesus! assembly language!!??!??? how the hell did he DO that?? why?!! That game was hella intense to be written ground-up in asm. Thatā€™s fucking crazy. GDB: main+1157 lea %eax, 170(%ebx) :: NO LINE INFO

Nono, the difficulty is not in writing a good game in ASM. The difficulty lies in writing a complex good game in ASM.

If you wanted to be really basic about it, you could write in z80 ASM and play it on your TI calculator. For example, I still regularly play Tetris on my calculator, but it was released in 2004. It doesnā€™t make any money for the author and itā€™s nowhere near as complex as RCT (simpler processor, graphics, and game), but it is wildly popular.

What is up with people imagining that writing games in Assembly is the way.

Most games nowadays are written in C and slowly companies are swaying towards C++ due to its OOP capabilities. Both languages allow ASM to be used as a strap, aka for optimizing certain code. For example Quake used assembly for the tasks that were called thousands of times a second, like graphic display. In that case yes assembly makes sense, otherwise just learn C/C++ and you will make fast games.

Even then I often wonder why C. It is a low level language and sure maybe years ago there was a speed advantage, but now with modern computer languages like Python despite being high level are quite fast.

Either way, ASM isnt that amazing, it is just like any other language minus the conviniences we are used to.

So we would rather trade convinience for something working a nanosecond faster?, I Guess?

Why would anyone advertise on that gameā€™s website? Who would click on the ads if theyā€™re so concentrated/addicted at the game?

hi, its actually not that extreme. Yes the succes of dtd is mainly luck to get this popular, but I had made a simple game myself, with acceptable graphics, a few bugs and not the best gameplay. I was able to get it sponsored for 1200$ with a game portal, and uploaded it to a couple of places. I did not put ads in it, and it was a mistake for sureā€¦ it was played over 300 000 times in a few months and still get some traffic

Free mini flash games will always make money, at least for someone, off of ad revenue. From what Iā€™ve seen the key is to create your own website and publish a few of your own games, but offer other peoples games to increase your selection.
Itā€™s commonplace for gaming sites to share games, and for some games to keep certain aspects available only at their creators website.
So, all you need is a few catchy ones to get people to sart playing on your site, and then a lot of them will stay on your site and continue to play other games. Most games are fully unlocked if you will so people will not always be redirected away from your site each time they play a new game. Usually just the really popular ones re-direct you.

The Tower Defense mod existed in Starcraft, under the name Sunken Defence, before Warcraft 1 was released. My favorite mod - the Starcraft: Brood War map-modders have come up with some of the most innovative versions of Tower Defense.

One of the original versions of Sunken Defense, that I was playing at least as far back as 2003, was a 6-player free-for-all: Take the Desktop Tower Defense game you linked, add an extra vertical lane, then make creeps enter from all 6 locations, going directly across the map. Each of the 6 players owned one of the entrances, so if you leaked, someone else might be able to catch your leaks, if you had a full game. In several of the levels, the creeps were far too strong for a single player to take out, tooā€¦ Also, instead of preventing you from walling, you could wall. But then the creeps attack, obliterating all your defenses.

Argh, I didnā€™t want to comment, but I have to:

TD did exist in starcraft under the name TD! Not so much ā€œtower defenseā€ then as it was ā€œturret defenseā€. It was not (originally) called ā€œsunken defence [sic]ā€ or ā€œmissile defenseā€, it was called ā€œmissile turret defenseā€ and predominately ā€œturret defenseā€, hence the initials TD.

That was the original anyway, then matrix defense, sunken TD, lights out TD (also known as stackerz TD), M TD, mario TD, etc. came out (I am not even going to try to remember and list all the various forms).

/oldgamer history rant

@Izkata: Warcraft came out before Starcraft.

Lol :stuck_out_tongue: Warcraft was not playable over the net. Weā€™re speaking of Warcraft3 and Starcraft, dude. WC3 was after SC

WC1, yes, but not WC3. no TD in WC1

Ummā€¦ Kingdom of Loathing doesnā€™t have ads. Itā€™s difficult to generate ad revenue without them. They are a purely donation based system, but they did make the donations useful as a player.

As another poster pointed out, there is a man-in-the-middle; namely google (the ad-provider). Youā€™re never directly responsible for providing to so many peopleā€¦ And if you want to investigate the efficiency of this new method of selling things, thereā€™s also the fact that people have an internet connection to take advantage of the wealth of content online. Those costs (line costs) are payed by people for your content even though you never see them (and of course theyā€™re spread over all the sites visited).

Youā€™re not selling you soul any less under this new model. Itā€™s different, more diffuse, and less obvious perhaps, but the facilitators (networking companies, browser/webserver manufacturers, advertisers, advertisement providers etc.) are still taking a large cut. And thatā€™s just fine. Theyā€™re providing all the difficult work of connecting you to the userbase after all!

Cool Stuff, Good for him if he is making that much. But like another poster pointed out, it might not last forever however I would take the 96k anyway :slight_smile: