Farewell Stack Exchange

I think it’s within reason to say StackOverflow has probably assisted most developers on the planet with an Internet connection at some point or another. I am certainly no exception.

Best of luck with whatever you may try in the future.

Thank you, Jeff. And good luck.

Thank you and good luck!

As a young coder, I used to take it for granted that any issues I had I could just check on the internet and I’d find the answer. Of course, a large chunk of these answers were often found on StackOverflow.

It can be too easy to take things for granted, and for too long I took SO for granted and didn’t appreciate the huge effort that went into making countless lives easier. Thank you for everything.

Thanks Jeff! Your dream, now a striving community, helps us enormously.

I really hope you will be an example for many of us wasting premium time with our family for less important work stuff.

Thank you for making the Internet better! Best of luck on your new adventure.

Hundreds of thanks for your great work for programming community! All the best and wish you good luck for your next step!

Up Vote!

You can be rightly proud of what you produced at StackOverflow/StackExchange. You need to be proud of your “work” with your family too, and it is a good thing that your have the clarity to realise this and that you have the opportunity to do something about it.

I recently also became the father of twins and at the time a really good (in the sense that it would double my already adequate income) career opportunity came along. But, like you, I realised something. What’s the point of pulling 80 hour weeks, week-after-week, just to pad out your wallet when your kids are missing one thing they need more. You! Fathers only get one chance at this.

You made a brave choice. I think you made the right choice.

Jeff, you have totally blown the programming world away with the Stack Q&A sites, I could not imagine life without it now, to achieve that in 4 years is simply incredible, some would say impossible.

Yet having the realisation that your children need you now is all the more bigger achievement, it takes a bigger man to put their family first.

I’m sure there is a life/work balance there for you somewhere, and I expect you will find it in time, but for now enjoy the most important years of your families lives, you can’t get that time back, business will take care of itself, but family won’t.

As if your respect in the community wasn’t already enough I think you just achieved god-like status amongst us all - well done and enjoy your life.

Programming is now faster. Thanks!

Ben Simpkins said

We'll never miss you as much as your children would.

Very well said, poetic actually.

stackexchange is in my utility belt, thank you!

let us know when the voting for new company name begin?

childhorror.com
kidsoverflow.com

diaperexhcange.com

? :slight_smile:

Stack Overflow and other associated Stack Exchange sites have been a boon for N00B programmers. The steep learning curve is no more a challenge, thanks to Stack Overflow.

Thank You for your contribution in making a difference to our lives.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

You did what you set out to do. You made the Internet better. Congratulations on the new additions to your family, and a big thank you from all of us programmers who have benefited from your hard work on Stack Overflow.

What will happen to the podcast ?

Thanks ! Stackoverflow is great :wink:

If you are having trouble finding a job, you can go here - http://careers.stackoverflow.com/ !!!

Well done on everything you have done and good luck with the future and what ever it brings! :slight_smile:

Awesome! Congrats, God Bless, and Best Wishes! Thanks for the contributions that make development a bit easier, fun, and social than it was before. Enjoy your family!